Coach Dr. Henry Frazier III looks on from the sideline at Norfolk State. The Trojans won their road opener 33-24.  Photo by Charnese Small.
Coach Dr. Henry Frazier III looks on from the sideline at Norfolk State. The Trojans won their road opener 33-24. Photo by Charnese Small.

Coach Frazier Focused on Championship Football

Virginia State University’s head football coach, Dr. Henry Frazier lll discussed his plans for the Trojans recently. Frazier believes that losing is not an option. Despite his team’s winning 6-4 record from the previous season.

“Goals have definitely improved from last year, but no matter what year, the goal is always the same and that is to win championships,” Frazier said.

Frazier has the same level of confidence as his players do. Given his background in coaching, he strongly believes that commitment and consistency are essential for achieving goals.

Poised and determined, Frazier finds ways to adjust to new ideas and recruit devoted individuals.

“The key ingredient to being great is being consistent,” Frazier said.

Frazier believes that his team’s veteran leadership is its greatest asset. Freshmen athletes can learn a lot from their seasoned teammates. In addition, the community support goes a long way.

“It takes everyone to win, from the people who clean the buildings, to the freshmen, seniors, mentors, and others. To win a championship is hard, it takes the entire community to support the team,” Frazier said. “It takes EVERYONE helping to win a championship.”