The Student News Site of Virginia State University

The Virginia Statesman

The Virginia Statesman

The Virginia Statesman

Petersburg

• 8 PM
    65 °
  • 9 PM
    62 °
  • 10 PM
    61 °
  • 11 PM
    58 °
  • 12 AM
    54 °
  • 1 AM
    53 °
  • 2 AM
    52 °
  • 3 AM
    52 °
  • 4 AM
    51 °
  • 5 AM
    51 °
  • 6 AM
    51 °
  • 7 AM
    55 °
  • 8 AM
    60 °
  • 9 AM
    64 °
  • 10 AM
    68 °
  • 11 AM
    75 °
  • 12 PM
    78 °
  • 1 PM
    77 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    82 °
  • 4 PM
    82 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    75 °
  • 7 PM
    72 °
  • 8 PM
    64 °
June 4
75°/ 57°
Overcast
June 5
82°/ 51°
Sunny
June 6
83°/ 53°
Sunny
Baseball Results
Countdown to Graduation 2023
Graduation will take place at the Multipurpose Center on campus.

New degrees from College of Business, Engineering

Thinking about continuing your education after graduation? The Virginia State University’s (VSU) College of Business will be offering two new programs starting in 2024.  A Master of Science (MS) in Data Analytics. And a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. 

VSU’s flexible approach for both of these newest programs will provide the students with an enjoyable and individualized learning experience—offered both in person and online.  

The MBA program will prepare students for careers as managers and executives in various economic sectors. They will learn essential business skills, such as accounting, marketing, data analytics, finance, and strategic management.

“The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Virginia State University aims to sculpt future business leaders and innovators,” said Dr. Emmanuel Omojokun, Dean of Reginald F. Lewis College of Business. 

“Our curriculum is meticulously designed to endow students with the latest technological skills and crucial managerial acumen necessary to thrive in the ever-evolving business world.”

The university’s MBA program is designed to accommodate students from different backgrounds. It can be delivered in either a fully online or traditional format. For those who wish to finish their degree outside the institution’s campus, the program can be done through the online route.

“Each MBA student is paired with an academic advisor, ensuring personalized guidance aligned with their career aspirations and graduation timeline,” Dr. Omojokunsaid. 

Full-time students are entitled to assistantships if funds are available to help cover the program’s costs. The Lewis MBA program’s first class is expected to have a wide range of talents and backgrounds. 

Through the MS in Data Analytics program, students will learn how to analyze and interpret large data sets. This course will introduce them to various tools and techniques used in data analytics. They will also develop their visual presentation skills and learn how to use software for data analysis.

The 14th master’s program in data analytics will be offered by VSU, making it the fourth program offered by the College’s Engineering and Technology Department., Students should have completed at least 30 credits to graduate with an MS in this field. 

By having both of Virginia State University’s newest Master’s Programs offer both traditional face-to-face and fully online delivery formats, ensures students’ benefit from an engaging and flexible learning experience facilitated by the University’s faculty.